Free tote bag + magazine with your first order!
Tina is wearing silk polyester dress by Ida Klamborn, *faux fur jacket by *Stand Studio. Kathrine is wearing a bucket hat by Norse Projects, windbreaker by A.A Spectrum, wool trousers by Our Legacy and shoes stylists own.
Habib1 is the reason you should get your ass out clubbing
Techno will never be the same with the producing duo Katherine Zevallos and Tina Mofidy Rouhi.
Words Stefanie Ravelli Photography Isak Berglund Mattsson Mårn
"Yok Problem" is the recently-released EP by Stockholm-based electronic club duo Katherine Zevallos and Tina Mofidy Rouhi. After four years of DJ:ing together they decided to produce club music themselves — making techno beats with a playful structure and on point lyrics like: "Vi brukade ta tjack, gå på technofester, samma fittfolk 120 bpm, låå”. Tina Mofidy Rouhi, who is the singer, plays around with words and Katherine Zevallos, the producer, is constantly searching for new and different sounds. The two friends met via a mutual friend and there was an instant connection. That very same connection brought them to Swedish artist Beatrice Eli who introduced them to Silvana Imam – and a couple of months later they released a remix of Silvana Imamss "Jag Ser Ljuset" (July 2019).
Their silly yet sexy sound hits like a stream of Scandinavian consciousness. So I contacted them via Facebook on a Wednesday night to see what they where up to.
Their silly yet sexy sound hits like a stream of Scandinavian consciousness. So I contacted them on Facebook on a Wednesday night to see what they where up to.
Hey! How are you?
— Hi! Super good thank you.
I am drinking beer with your friend’s old romance. He tells me that she raps at your song Technogäri.
– Yes our friends are truly the most talented people we know and our boo is a techno gäri — without her no Technogäri.
Your first ever produced song: I’m Done goes: "vi brukade ta tjack, gå på technofester, samma fittfolk 120 bpm, låå”. Does your songs have a meaning?
– It’s our creation and our baby… so it always means something to us but we are happy if people can dance to our music or have a laugh.
If I say Chilly Gonzales and Marilyn Manson, what do you say?
– Big pussy energy and please tell them to call us.
Share me your best album cover.
Marcolito Sound, a legend from Husby.
– Marcolito Sound, a legend from Husby, a suburb outside of Stockholm. His music is 110% party and we aim for that same party factor.
What are you obsessed with right now?
– Kathrine just got a new laptop and is so ready to make bangers. Tina search for shrooms and want to start a punk band.
A punk band together?
– Yes, it wouldn’t be the same energy without each other but we need more band members so please feel free to contact us.
What are you most proud of?
– All of our achievements this year: released an EP, two remixes and two music videos. We are very proud.
Here are Cher’s favorite things. What are yours?
– Catfishing – White bourgogne – Friends – Sleep – Salsa dancing – Rock’n’roll – Money – Shrooms – Fake mustache – La Mary – Oddities – Scary movies – Pranking – Getting stuff for free
What do you think of the Scandinavian music?
– We love Norway’s electronic music scene! The Swedish music scene can be pretty excluding and you're not always going to find open doors and people tend to love a good 4/4 beat – it’s a bit basic… the Swedish music scene needs to go outside its comfort zone.
What are your plans for the future?
– Keep releasing music and doing what we like to do. We are building a studio which we hope transforms into future money inshallah. And we really want to book a rave in Dubai.
Photographyr Isak Berglund Mattsson-Mårn Styling and Casting Robin Douglas Westling Make-up artist Elvira Brandt Hairstylist Moona Narancic Fashion & Production assistants Etchell Dorkenoo, Elca Heinebäck