Free tote bag + magazine with your first order!
This is “the epitome of Swedish luxury” – where rap legend drops his first sneaker line – and the Copenhagen villa reaching an international level
Six top stories from last week of Scandinavian fashion and lifestyle.
“It is the epitome of Swedish luxury” Not only one of the few independent watch manufacturers in the world today, Sjöö Sandström is also one of the most coveted brands. Adhering to small-scale manufacturing and combining tradition, innovation, and design, they honor the Swedish heritage of skilled watchmaking. Each Sjöö Sandström model is produced in exclusive series and every timepiece is meticulously tested before release. Their new flagship, Royal Capital, is a rare gem, with an exceptionally high level of finishing – and almost sold out, only three days after the release.
– It is the epitome of Swedish Luxury, with a movement crafted in the heart of Switzerland, says Managing Director Felix Formark. Vaucher movement 5400 provides the backbone of Royal Capital. At 2,9mm caliber 5400 is an extra-thin movement that smoothly combines finesse and robustness. Swedish luxury is not measured in abundance or material wealth, it is rather about freedom, sensuality, and experiences in nature. True to its native heritage, it celebrates this minimalistic luxury also in its upgrades and comes with the complication date and in two different executions of 18k gold. And being as rare as nature itself, it is available in a limited edition of only 30 pieces of each execution.
How’s your business going?
– Good! We’re increasing each year and are steadily also growing outside Sweden. That is our biggest market, but we are represented in nine markets around the world. In 2018 we will focus on the Nordic region and of course also make sure that we keep growing as a brand in general through continuously looking at other potential markets and collaborations.
What else are you up to in 2018?
– At this point with the launch, we have a lot to do, since the interest on it is very high. It is almost sold out and with the new concept “Private Meeting” our calendars are fully booked. Besides that, we are in the middle of planning our upcoming tennis events in Båstad during the summer and, later this fall, Intrum Stockholm Open, where we are the official timekeeper. Last but not least, we are of course also developing new products for the future.
See more at sjoosandstrom.se, and the inspirational Instagram pictures here
PH House 2.0 Danish Norm Architects have restored and rebuilt a historic villa in Copenhagen after a devastating fire. The story goes that the PH House used to be inhabited by the renowned Danish architect, designer, and cultural critic, Poul Henningsen. Today, a family of three resides in the modern home that holds references to its original state – with beautiful high panels, parquet flooring, low, paned windows, teak furniture and retro Henningsen lamps hanging over the kitchen island. With a clean and minimal approach, the classic elements of the house have been restored and elegantly combined with contemporary details, making for timeless interiors and generally warm aesthetics. The minimal kitchen in smoked oak with bronzed brass handles, designed by Norm Architects for Danish kitchen manufacturer Reform is complimented by a sculptural kitchen island in a light grey ceramic stone, as well as slim brass faucets.
See more at normcph.com
Scandinavia’s new denim destination Sweden’s leading e-tailer for men, Stayhard, now improves the shopping experience for their denim category. The webshop offers 350 different models from around 40 brands, and in this updated version it’s easier to choose your fit, the navigation is improved, the pictures are even more relevant, and a special hover effect lets you instantly switch from isolated product pictures to the pair of denim worn on a physical model.
– We’re all aware of the difficulties finding the right model, in both physical stores and online. Is it slim or regular? And how will it fit on me? With those issues in mind, we’ve tried to simplify the process to save the customer’s time and improve his shopping experience, Robert Axelsson, Marketing and Sales Director, says.
The full denim ranged, priced €40-220, is available here
André 3000 X Tretorn Rap legend and actor André Benjamin, better known as André 3000, now drops his first collection of sneakers with ten variations of the classic model Nylite for Swedish Tretorn, in his new role as Creative Collaborator.
– My first pair of Tretorns were in middle school and since then the Nylite has always had a place in my closet. For this collaboration, I was able to go into Tretorn’s archive and have a play. The capsule collection translates my “daydream sketches” to the real world, he says.
The ”I André Benjamin will not draw in class” line is now available at Aplace, Shelta, Sneakers Corner, and tretorn.com
Curated Spring Trunk Show Trunk shows are more and more common in Scandinavia, due to a combination of our strong economies and the customer’s rapidly increasing interest in menswear. Tomorrow Saturday between 12 and 5 PM, one of the leading menswear stores, Engelska Herr, in Sweden’s third city Malmö, invite British Made in England sunglasses Kirk Originals, French niche perfume brand Eight & Bob, and our favourite Scandinavian premium sneakers from CQP (pictured) to their Spring Trunk Show.
And if you happen to be in Stockholm tomorrow, don’t miss the re-opening of tailoring house Götrich, founded 1730, with more information here.
Address: Djäknegatan 22. Visit them online for more
Lightning on fire New serie Eld (Fire) by interior designer Lisa Hilland for Konsthantverk is made by hand, graceful, organic, and airy, and a fine example of the company’s vision to present true Swedish craftmanship, all the way from the smaller modules to the amazing chandelier in raw brass.
– It’s all made by hand at Konsthantverk, and with Eld, I want to feel the energy from the hands, that pervades the design and its warm and poetic aestethics, she says.
Visit konsthantverk.se for moreWeeklySwedishLuxuryTretorn