Issue 5 out now – Get your copy!
Scandinavian MAN x The Lobby countdown: Nikolaj d’Étoiles
Next brand out before the inauguration of our pop-up store at The Lobby in Stockholm is the Swedish high-fashion men’s label bridging the contemporary and luxury market with high-quality signature pieces of sports meets tailoring.
Nikolaj d’Étoiles targets the modern man with an international approach life – a man that travels the world and interprets fashion based on his experience and impressions from around the world.
– Many of our clients travel the world in both business and pleasure and always bring there favorite NdE styles, says founder and CEO Anders Björkstedt. That is something we are very proud of as that means they put their trust in the quality and style that we offer within the brand.
Creative Director Anna Björkstedt, which are your three favourite pieces from your SS18 collection?
– For spring 2018 I hope that the tailored track pants and blouson jacket both in soft blue plaid, our great swim shorts, and the jacquards will be considered travel essentials for our clients. The importance of sportswear in fashion is something that NdE always has acknowledged, not the least for our spring/summer collections. I think we have many great pieces that bridge sports with tailoring in a very wearable, modern, and sophisticated way.
What are your feelings about The Lobby?
– We are very excited to be part of this new retail experience, says Anders Björkstedt. With the overall paradigm shift happening within the business of fashion we are glad to see that new concepts and initiatives are taken from every aspect of the industry. We all need to re-think our reason for being and that goes for brands, retailers, landlords, and manufacturers. Everyone needs to adapt their business to the shift in consumer behaviors, especially retailers and brands. We need to do more than just provide goods to the market, making The Lobby’s concept interesting in many aspects.
This is a pop-up opportunity, what do you think about the future of retail for your brand?
– I think retail is still a very important aspect and especially flexible retail whereas The Lobby again is an interesting take on traditional retail.
What else is coming up for you in 2018?
– I am very optimistic about 2018. NdE has recently been involved in many interesting partnerships and we get a lot of attention from partners with great potential. The change in the industry is, of course, challenging for everyone, both big and small, but it also offers a potential for those brave enough to change their business model.
Related: Scandinavian MAN x The Lobby countdown: Filippa KThe LobbyScandinavian MANNikolaj d’Étoiles