Leather lovers present ”the Rolls Royce of gloves” and premium brand launching jewellery line and ”a knitwear program that speaks for itself”
And Copenhagen Fashion Week unveil a packed show schedule while the city’s finest come together again and new collab brings hyped Chinatown to Stockholm. And, last but not least: don’t miss out on this playful knit newcomer.
Copenhagen Fashion Week announcing show calendar for Fall/Winter -19
Scandinavia’s leading fashion event now unveil the catwalk schedule for the next event taking place end of January. The 32 shows include exciting native brands such as MUF10, Sunflower, HÆRVÆRK, Martin Asbjørn, Halo (now without Rasmus Storm), Mfpen, Les Deux, Heliot Emil, Stine Goya, and Ganni, as well as leading Nordic players J. Lindeberg, Rodebjer, Holzweiler.
– This show schedule underlines how attractive Copenhagen Fashion Week has been, says CEO Cecilia Thorsmark. We have seven really strong foreign names this season, whom basically could have chosen to show at their local fashion week. But the Danish fashion scene sees an unexperienced hype and Copenhagen Fashion Week is now clearly on the international fashion media’s radar.
The shows take place January 29-31 all over Copenhagen.
Leather lovers present ”the Rolls Royce of gloves”
When Gonzalo Catalan and Sam Eriksson realized that the leather gloves offering was too small and not fashionable enough, they founded Laed’r.
– We strive to make sure that your gloves is just as much a part of your identity as the rest of your wardrobe, the duo says.
The aesthetics around the glove is just as important as the glove itself; focusing just as much on the visual expression as the functionality. The gloves simply work better in the city than the slopes.
– We rather make a well-designed glove than a warm one, where everything is produced with a huge CSR responsibility.
While the mainline is ranging between €69 and 99, the special LÆD'R LTD line is more artistic, creative and daring. Included in the first collection is Dante 3000 – a true one of a kind, described as ”the Rolls Royce of gloves”. It is a classic shearling glove, but with a twist. It comes with a D-ring attached on the side where you can attach the LÆD'R LTD senile string, making sure you won't lose them. Included is also an attachable LÆD'R LTD keyring. It is Made in Sweden by glove maker Lars Wiberg from fine Portuguese sheepskin.
Premium brand launching jewellery line, ”a knitwear program that speaks for itself” and a new e-com
Founder Charles Murray describes Appletrees as a dream or ambition about a better world where people are happier. And where our clothes are more gentle to the skin and allow you to live and move as you want, clothes that last longer and where fashion is timeless and unisex.
– If a product is not good enough in ten years, it is not good enough today, he states.
You’re most known for your wide range of premium shirts, but give us more on you’re recently launched jewelry line and knitwear program.
– The jewellery line is the start of our lifestyle approach. We love to extend our offer with any type of article that is timeless, handcrafted, and beautiful. Our knits speak for itself, it’s one of the softest cashmere our world has to offer, Made in Scotland and it fits perfectly into the Appletrees closet. A must-have garment for everyone that understands quality and appreciate luxurious touch to your body.
__At the same time, you also present your new e-com. __
– We faced problems before with customer recognition. Therefore we took away all models and decided to work with a more Appletrees-feeling to the product environment. For example, the uncomplicated styling to showcase our product in a very naked and honest way. We’ve also developed a super easy and quick check out and order process together with Klarna Checkout for Europe and PayPal for the U.S., and accepting all major credit cards. We’ve also worked on fast delivery, meaning that today we offer same day delivery in Stockholm on orders placed before 1 PM (and, normally, within 24 hours in Europe and 48 hours in major cities in the U.S. and Asia).
...and don’t miss out on this playful knitwear up-and-comer
Swedish A Public Announcement create playful and beautiful knits mainly with animal motifs, made in Florence, Italy, which have earned recognition around the globe.
– Working mainly with yarn bought directly from Loro Piana allows us to produce extremely soft and detailed knits. Each season, we drop new motifs and design, but the core is to work around the charismatic animals that are so beloved. All our products are produced by 100 percent cashmere, says Founder Viktor Söderholm, continuing,
– I think it’s important that brands take a corporate responsibility tower a sustainable production. A lot of companies use this term too casually without actually doing their part. A Public Announcement, on the other hand, actually make sure that we have clear visibility and can backtrack the entire process from harvesting yarn to a final product, always made in the finest cashmere on the market.
What are you working on now?
– New animals knits, let's just say they all live in different elements. Since we don’t see direct competitors to our products, we are allowed to go our own way and we create brand recognition based on our design. We are also expanding our line with sweatpants, cardigans, and blankets. And we are working on blend, which will allow us to share some of our products to a lower price. We are also taking up our philanthropy side of the company, where we are planning several collaborations that will take place in 2019. We are launching three new animal motifs at the beginning of next year: jellyfish, rooster and a horse in collaboration with Get the Galopp, a shopping destination for real horse lovers, founded by Lisen Bratt Fredricson, Caroline Kanekrans, and Louise Hamilton.
Bringing Chinatown to Stockholm
This week, only a few weeks after the opening of their new physical retail space in central Stockholm, Caliroots present a capsule collab with the one and only Chinatown Market. Fast approaching icon status, the tongue-in-cheek LA-based brand has had one hell of a year, cementing itself as one of the streetwear greats in record time. Caliroots x Chinatown Market reimagines the brand’s beloved Smiley Basketball in black with a glow-in-the-dark grin. An appropriate colorway, given how dark it is in Stockholm right now) and the matching ”STHLM MARKET” T – which also features glow-in-the-dark detail – to Caliroots’ hometown.
Copenhagen’s finest come together again
Only a couple of weeks after their special Illum collab, Tonsure has once again joined forces with retailer Storm for an all-Danish capsule collection — an ode to their love of Copenhagen. The limited edition capsule collection consists of logo bomber jackets, classic hoodies and crewnecks, oversized t-shirts and an accessories range of bucket hats, bags, keychains, and sneakers.
Each piece is embellished with archetypical and humorous elements from Danish culture. With a first launch that quickly sold out, the opportunity to recreate some of the existing styles in new colors and to expand the collection was obvious. Both Storm and Tonsure are based in Copenhagen, and this second launch is building on the fun and friendship already established.
– The collection has humor at its heart, a statement that can be worn by anyone, anywhere, says Tonsure’s designer Malte Flagstad.
The line launches this Friday at Storm, Smets in Brussels, Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, Achtung, and tonsure.eu.
tonsure.eu & stormfashion.dkJ.LindebergJ. LindebergTonsure