Free tote bag + magazine with your first order!
Iconic Tretorn join hip-hop group for the launch of eco-friendly functional urban jacket and Björn Borg team up with pop icon Robyn
Also more on the premium and limited-edition shopper bag combining elegance and utility and Danish menswear success celebrate France and join Norwegian retailer for a special capsule drop.
Founded 1981 in Helsingborg, Sweden, Tretorn’s first products were driven by functional needs: high-quality rubber galoshes primarily used by villagers, fishermen and the military. Then came the tennis sneakers. They launched their first sneakers in May 1900 and as they evolved into the world of tennis with on-court shoes, rackets, and tennis balls a new era started in Tretorn.
– We want to use our heritage and knowledge to contribute to a better future, Klara Olsson, Marketing Manager Nordics, states, continuing,
– Therefore, we have founded the Eco Essentials Initiative: our sustainable innovation engine for our next 128 years of growth.
The next step in this initiative is the launch of your new Arch Jacket. Why it is so important to you?
– It’s our new winterized rain parka made in our own innovative Eco Essentials fabric OCEAN SHELL®. A three-layer insulated fabric made for cold and wet weather. The fabric is made from recycled polyester and have membranes made from recycled PET collected from the oceans outside of Taiwan. Making the jacket recyclable again. Working with sustainable innovation has always been in our DNA and we believe that we can make a difference by ”doing things”. Always do new projects and not be afraid to try new things. And this is one of those things. We did our own eco-friendly fabric and created a new functional urban jacket. And it turned out really good actually.
And for Swedish hip-hop group Movits!’ new tour, you’ve worked closely together in a special collab.
– We met Movits! a while ago and started talking about nature, hiking, sustainability, and music. It turned out that there were many synergies between us and them, for example, their first hiking trip as ten years old went to Sarek in a pair of Tretorn Sarek boots. Also, they share our stainable mindset, always trying to leave as little footprint as possible, Olsson says.
– We also found out that their record label is called Antarktis Records and from that, we decided to do a collab with our Arch Jacket. A perfect match since Arch Jacket has been tested on Antarctica at an expedition with the purpose to raise awareness for the climate changes.
– Tretorn actually has quite a long history in music collaborations. Dating back to the 60’s we worked with artists like Billy Joel and Aretha Franklin. In the 70’s we made the official clogs for ABBA. 2017 we made a sneaker collection with André 3000. And here in Sweden, we’ve been working with the Swedish artist Mwuana.
What more will we see from you for this fall and winter?
– We also launch our new Hybrid Boots, waterproof winter boots made in natural rubber and neoprene. They have all the functions of a rubber boot but with an urban design, made for cold and rainy days in the city.
Björn Borg join pop icon Robyn for a special collab The Swedish sports fashion brand is sold in around thirty markets, of which Sweden and the Netherlands are the largest. This fall they’ve first joined forces with Ryan Hawaiii for a limited edition underwear collection. The London-born designer has a unique approach to art and fashion making him one of the most interesting ones today and led him to collaborations with some of the world’s biggest brands and icons, such as Nike, Converse, and Off-White.
– His self-described ”art-meets-clothing” blurs the lines between art and fashion, Marketing Director Jonas Lindberg Nyvang says. He combines street style, high-art and 00’s punk-inspired by the likes of Basquiat and Duchamp, who laid the foundations for Hawaii’s style.
This fall saw your ”Swap drugs for sportswear” campaign receive great attention. How would you describe the campaign and the reception you had on it?
– We wanted to inspire more people to work out and therefore recently launched the concept ”Chase the Exerhighs”, which focuses on the hypnotizing euphoria and joy of exercise. Our young fans loved it! It’s amazing how the brain reacts to exercise and how it can equal joy and euphoria at the same time. In fact, training releases such an amount of stimulating substances in your brain that it could be illegal in some countries. And I believe anyone can agree with us that exercise is better than drugs.
And today you presented the name on your new and super-exciting collaboration partner.
– Yes, for spring 2019 we have done a collaboration with Swedish pop star and fashion icon Robyn. The collaboration – called RBN – includes an exclusive capsule collection developed by Robyn together with renowned stylist Naomi Itkes and Björn Borg’s design team.
RBN drops in February 2019.
Danish menswear success celebrate France and join Norwegian retailer for a special capsule drop Les Deux experience busy days, with the drop of capsule line BBR (Bleu, Blanc, Rouge) and a new special collab with Norwegian retailer Capone.
– Bleu, Blanc, Rouge are the colors of the French flag and representation of freedom, equality, and fraternity, says Co-founder Andreas von der Heide. These values are also an integrated part of Les Deux and play a foundational role in the way we think and act both as a company and as human beings.
– We started out just as friends and together we have built a strong company within the fashion industry. Les Deux is a symbol of freedom to us which ultimately has given us the opportunity to help other people through our Les Deux « foundation » where we support two projects annually. Throughout the years, we have helped build a school in Zambia, raised money to the Danish cancer society, and much more.
Give us more on the Capone collab.
– For Les Deux, as a company, it is very important to remember where we came from and who have helped us, to become, what we are today. Norway was the first step on our international journey and the team from Capone was one of our first collaborators in Norway. Building our dream with people that believe and trust in us, is the thought behind this collaboration. We believe, that we are better together and we should strive to reach our goals as a team. In this collab, we have looked into a classic sweatshirt with a zipper and designed it with a special patch detail which takes us back to the roots of Les Deux. In the very beginning, we used to sew the patches on ourselves every evening when we came home from our regular jobs. We have integrated different colorways to give something not seen in the shops and applied the patch which we were known for at the beginning of our journey with Les Deux.
– The launch with Capone will lead us to our SS19 collection where you will see these styles become part of the Les Deux collection, von der Heide explains.
A premium and limited-edition shopper bag combining elegance and utility The M/S Goods is a collaboration between Danish accessory brand Mismo and menswear shop Goods, celebrating the latter’s 10-year anniversary as a destination for Copenhagen’s most well-dressed men.
Limited to 40 pieces, it’s a pared-back and elegant commuter bag, that showcases Mismo’s elegant and minimalist design aesthetic. Crafted from durable hard-woven navy nylon with a waterproof coating makes it ideal for the winter commute in Copenhagen and beyond.
– The M/S Goods shopper merges quality, function and good taste. It’s a bag for everyday use, perfectly suited to the daily bicycle commute to work, shopping or a weekend spent in any metropolitan city— being waterproof, it functions regardless of the weather, says Kasper Hostrup, founder of Goods.
mismo.dk & goodscph.comBjörn Borg