Björn Borg was founded in 1984 by the Swedish famous namesake tennis player. Since then the brand has come far and is today a sports fashion brand that design products for both men and women with a mix of sportswear and fashion.
– We want to inspire people to be more through our belief that sports can make our minds, souls, and bodies become something more than what we are today, and that anyone can become anything, says Emma Bengtsson, Brand Communication Manager.
With that in mind, the recently launched collaboration between Björn Borg and pop star Robyn could be seen as a natural step for the brand. The capsule collection is developed by Robyn together with renowned stylist Naomi Itkes and the design team of Björn Borg.
How did the collaboration between Björn Borg and Robyn happen?
– We’ve worked with Naomi Itkes before and she and Robyn always talked about how fun it would be to do a collection together. We’ve always loved Robyn and her style so it felt like a perfect fit and the connection felt natural, Emma explains.
Can you describe the RBN collection for us?
– It is modern and non-gender specific; a mix of sportswear, streetwear, and fashionable workwear. Inspired by some of Robyn’s favorite garments and some of the pieces in our archive. It really captures what Björn Borg is all about – a contemporary fusion of sportswear and fashion. It is Robyn’s creative vision mixed with our brand DNA, a flirt with the street fashion of today.
The collection was launched last Friday and were celebrated with an event in London.
How was the launch in London?
– It was a success – we started with an in-store event at Browns East where Robyn’s fans got a chance to meet her and shop the collection. Bryan Boy among others came to support which was amazing. Later that night we had an after-party at Welsh Chapel where Robyn, Neneh Cherry, and Adam Kindness performed. It was a great vibe!
What else is coming for Björn Borg in 2019?
– We have a lot of exciting things happening during 2019 – later this Spring we’re rolling out our SS19 campaign which we’re really looking forward to. We also have some interesting collaborations coming up.